Who are Euro Garages?
If you haven't already heard of us or visited one of our amazing stores, then here's what you need to know about us… We are one of the UK's fastest growing and most recognised forecourt operators and we are partnered with all of your well known favourite brands including Starbucks, KFC, Greggs, Subway and Burger King!
Our employees are at the heart of what we do and we owe our success to our fantastic teams, that's why we need passionate, motivated and customer focused people like you to join our EG family! Put it this way, we started out with one petrol station in 2001 and have since acquired over 360 UK sites and now have a huge presence across Europe, US, Italy and Germany… so the progression opportunities are endless!
Our HR department are expanding and have an opportunity available for a HR & Payroll Compliance Officer to join our team! In this role you will be working with the Head of HR & Payroll to implement a robust internal auditing function and will take responsibility for assessing and identifying any non-compliance or risks in addition to evaluating and taking remedial action to ensure any re-occurrence is avoided. You must be able to organise and prioritise workload according to deadlines and the changing needs of the business and the HR/Payroll function.
- Manage ad hoc requests for Compliance - collect & extract all HR/Payroll data required to support the analysis requested.
- Working with the Head of HR & Payroll carry out routine and on-going compliance monitoring of the HR & Payroll function.
- Identify developments in laws and regulations applicable to the function and a plan in place to ensure compliance.
- Working with the Head of HR & Payroll to create and manage an annual and monthly Compliance Plan ensuring deadlines/SLA'S are met.
- Assist in the development of appropriate compliance training materials. particularly to support internal control policies
- Assist in the preparation and support for reviews by external regulators/auditors.
- Manage and ensure the function is fully compliant with GDPR regulations & maintain confidentiality of data and departmental information at all times.
- Conduct analysis on all compliance related activities and identify techniques to interpret gaps, patterns and trends to make recommendations.
- Support the Head of HR & Payroll in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
- Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice
- Investigate root causes of any risks and put a plan of action together- ensuring that these are highlighted to Head of HR & Payroll.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
- You will ensure you understand all compliance and regulatory requirements for this role and have excellent Payroll and HR processes knowledge.
- Reviewing and updating current Polices & Procedures in line with legislation.
- Managing the Right to work and immigration process ensuring compliance at all times.
- Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Head of HR & Payroll and implement, upon agreement
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of HR/Payroll and Compliance responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions.
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
Role: HR & Payroll Compliance Officer
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2EE
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent