SpaMedica is one of the UK's leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
We are looking for an experienced Optometrist to join our team based in Skelmersdale with a passion for delivering excellent Ophthalmic care in a range of settings such as Pre-Assessment & Post-Operative clinics. You will ensure the highest level of care is given to our patients, their relatives or carers.
We are looking for somebody enthusiastic, who is keen to make a difference and above all has a passion for Ophthalmology.
This is a full time, permanent position and will be based at our Skelmersdale hospital. Travel to our Newton Le Willows & Widnes hospitals will be required.
So what can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Up to 5% annual personal performance related bonus
- Annual company performance related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases
- 37.5 hours working week over 5 days (1 in 4 Saturdays)
- 25 days holiday (33 days including bank holidays)
- Newly refurbished hospital
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous training and development
Why join SpaMedica?
- Our outcomes are some of the best in the UK - helping thousands of patients improve their vision.
- Our patients provide fantastic feedback about us - this includes our short waiting times, their improvement in vision and how it's improved their quality of life.
- We're very friendly and you'll see lots of smiles from staff and patients.
- We're proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting SpaMedica in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus.
- In a professional and ethical manner discuss with patients their suitability for treatment whilst working alongside the clinical team in the day to day running of clinics carrying out the relevant diagnostic examinations.
- You will run pre and post-operative clinics for all patients, including taking consent for surgery and undertake the role of discharge person when required
- You will take part in the hospital "on call" and weekend rota plus take patient calls on a rota basis, answering their queries and concerns in a professional manner.
- You will assist in the teaching of new clinical staff.
- A current GOC registration and proven post-registration experience is essential
We are a busy team and your role is vital to ensure our clinics run smoothly and offer a great service to our patients.
To be considered, you will have a current GOC registration and have proven post-registration experience of at least 12 months.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply now