At A Wilderness Way we are committed to providing creative child centred care packages for children and young people who are looked after. We believe that every child has equal rights to the highest quality child care. We provide each young person with a safe, supportive, trusting environment with challenges that promote growth, responsibility, learning and positive outcomes and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people in our care.
The Benefits of Joining Us
- Starting from £22,922 *
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Above and Beyond Recognition Scheme
- Full funded training for your CPD
- A 2-week induction *dependent on current qualifications
- House Induction from your Registered Manager or senior member of staff
- Online rota system – accessible by mobile application
- All meals provided whilst on shift
- Access to employee engagement events
- Team / Peer support programmes and fully supportive management infrastructure
About the Role
- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of residential support workers.
- Support the Registered Manager with the effective and efficient running of shifts.
- Work within and ensure effective delivery of the policies and procedures in the home, and the organisation.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcome meets the standards set out in children’s legislation, and the homes working practices.
- Ensure ongoing assessment of children and young people’s needs in day to day practice.
- Oversee, supervise and develop the skills of staff in their daily working practice.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both within the home and with external agencies.
- Relate to and engage young people who display challenging behaviour.
- Assist young people to identify unsafe, dangerous, harmful and abusive situations, individuals and groups.
- At all times ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
- Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required to ensure the life chance opportunities of children and young people are met in relation to their social, educational, leisure, emotional, physical and cultural needs.
- Ensure the delivery of all key worker areas and responsibilities.
- Ensure a variety of intervention strategies are utilised in relation to behaviour management.
- Where required, deputise in the absence of the management of the home.
- Where required attend reviews and or meetings.
- Ensure an open culture is created with the young people in our care.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements of the home are maintained in such a way that they are compliant with good childcare practices, homes procedures and company policies.
Requirements of the Role
- SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 9.
- HND/Degree in Social Care or relevant management practice qualification.
- Sleeping in / shift work, including evenings and weekends on a rota system
- Minimum of 5 Years experience of working with young people in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of the National Care Standards.
- Understanding the principles and practical application of safeguarding and child protection.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Applicants must be aged 21 or over.
- Knowledge of appropriate child centred models including "Getting It Right for Every Child" and "Safe, Healthy, Active, Nurtured, Achieving, Respected, Included (SHANARRI)".
*this salary expectation is inclusive of 6 sleep-ins per month paid at £63 per night however is not guaranteed