Field Service Engineer X 2
Sheffield S9 and Leeds LS10
Salary: £8.00 PH
To enable the company to achieve the agreed contractual standard of service required, by working as part of a team, delivering, collecting, repairing and servicing manual and powered wheelchairs. Also to complete jobs with a focus on a high level of customer service and high degree of engineering quality to ensure a first time fix wherever possible.
1. Delivering and wheelchairs to and from service user's homes and NHS departments, ensuring at all times that the Company Infection Control Policy is followed.
2. Servicing and repairing wheelchairs in the field with the aim of achieving a first time fix whenever possible.
3. Ensure all paper work relating to each job is read carefully and completed with all the necessary information regarding parts used and action taken written onto the job card to enable the administration team to accurately update the data base.
4. Ensure any PPE supplied for use in carrying out your duties is used as instructed.
5. Observe all regulations covering the driving and use of the Company vehicle on the public highway and be aware of employee responsibility under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
6. Keep the vehicle you use in a tidy state and ensure stocks of all necessary parts are replenished each day.
7. Ensure the vehicle safety check and the van check sheet are done each week..
8. Maintain a professional customer service attitude and always use discretion when dealing with all service users and other agencies, always wear your uniform and identification badge, and ensure the uniform is kept clean and laundered at all times.
9. Prioritise and organise your work load, referring to Line Manager as and when appropriate.
10. Be responsible for the maintenance and safe keeping of all tools and equipment provided by the Company as outlined in the Company handbook.
11. Agree to undertake all training offered that is necessary to maintain the skills required for this role.
Skills and qualifications
Full UK driving licence
Successful enhanced DBS check
General workshop knowledge
Basic mechanical knowledge
Basic electrical knowledge including 12v/24v D.C. systems
Able to move and handle loads and equipment safely
Experience of face to face customer contact.
Previous delivery driver experience
An awareness and understanding of people with disabilities
Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
Ability to use own initiative within set boundaries of the role.
Ability to use a mobile phone to relay photographs
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to relay clear instructions to clients.
Awareness of hand held scanners.
Most challenging part of the role
Flexible working/responsive to changing priorities as set by Line Manager or Customer Service team
Committing to being available for short notice overtime necessitated by emergency response requirements
Responsibility of out of hour's duties
Physical demands of the job
Moving and handling of equipment and accessories following handling guidelines
Standing at a bench to work
working in confined workspace if the job necessitates
Use of ramps and any other agreed moving equipment