Business Development Manager - Ocean/Air Freight - Manchester
Rubix Personnel have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a market leading freight forwarding company committed to providing quality, innovative, value add logistics services across the globe.
The role of a Business Development Manager is to win new business and work to agreed budget targets and also work as an integral part of the Sales Team with responsibility for generating new business opportunities and account management that will produce desired revenue goals.
£35,000 - £45,000 DOE
£4800 pa car allowance
Main Purpose of the Role:
You will need to strengthen the clients market position by tracking, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business by closing the sale within the companies Ocean/Air Services.
- Consistently promote and develop the clients Ocean/Air services within your set region, offering Transport and Logistics solutions.
- Carry out sales and pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in the CRM system.
- Submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales and customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve set targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Liaise closely with Managers and staff at the relevant locations and establish a close working relationship making sure you are maintaining a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company profile.
- Make sure you are aware of the competition and market place activity, reporting back any trends or developments.
- Result orientated, hardworking, self-starter who has a good understanding of the Logistics industry with strong closing skills.
- Positive thinking, constantly challenges yourself to push expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excessive Ocean/Air Freight experience essential
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Ability to communicate within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills using your initiative, determination and persistence.
- Excellent scheduling & time management skills.