Lead Architect (IT) | Glasgow City Centre | Up to £62,000
Your new company
Our client is a large Public Sector organisations based in Glasgow City Centre.
Your new role
As the Lead Architect you will responsible for:
- Defining the Architecture and design of applications in support of projects within a wider change programme.
- Defining application and technology roadmaps.
- Defining the company's technical vision and strategy, driving its adoption.
- Supporting programme level decision-making, ensuring sound architectural design is a key influencing factor.
- Managing a team of technical professionals.
- For providing governance of the development and modifications to the architecture.
- Responsible for managing and delivering the Architecture requirements of Stakeholders, at all levels.
- Assist in the development, delivery and maintenance of systems.
- Liaise with the testers to ensure speedy bug resolution.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of Oracle products.
What you'll need to succeed
- Technical Architecture in a number of domains (J2EE, Spring, RDBMS, noSQL, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.).
- Familiarity with key architectural concepts and trends - e.g. Microservice, Data Warehousing, Digital, Big Data, Omni-Channel.
- Formal training or exposure to TOGAF, Zachmann or ATAM.
- Familiarity and experience Big Data, NoSQL, in-memory DBMS and data caching.
- Strong understanding of large scale system, information and technology architectures, including application integration patterns, messaging, service-oriented architecture and information models.
- Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment and of integrating disparate technologies
- A track record in design and architecture of complex IT solutions having worked closely with Business, Security and Infrastructure Architects to ensure that the application architectures of the solutions is aligned to the overall technology roadmap and meets the business needs.
What you'll get in return
You will have access to a full range of benefits to support you both inside and outside of work. As well as a competitive salary they offer excellent work/life balance, a great pension and a fantastic working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.