REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Manufacturing supplier with a niche market
Permanent Production Controller/Dispatcher Monday to Friday 9.00am until 5.00pm £9.62phr
• Management of all transport operations.
• Ensure daily work schedules for drivers are prepared and distributed.
• Resolve service problems.
• Provide clients and potential clients with operational and service advice.
• Planning of all routes.
• Allocation of drivers & vehicles.
• Customer Service: Exceed customer expectations. Ensure contractual customer service levels through the efficient running of the Transport Operation.
• Ensure the correct level of resource is in place to cope with delivery volume and achieve levels of service to the customer within budgetary and time constraints.
• To manage and oversee all aspects of the Transport Operation, ensuring an efficient and smooth operation, achieving service levels within time and budgetary constraints.
• Identify areas for reducing fuel usage across the fleet. Monitor and control stocks of diesel fuel.
• Monitor and control transport department expenditure and provide commentary as requested by Operations Director.
• Maintain awareness of changes in transport/vehicle/driver related legislations.
• Respond to customers within allocated time-scales.
• Manages the fleet maintenance operations where applicable.
• Vehicle Management, monitoring and booking vehicle checks, MOTs and other routine maintenance.
• Ensure vehicle defect checks are carried out regularly by drivers and in accordance with legislation.
• Arrange that vehicles and trailers are inspected and maintained as per agreed schedule and in accordance with goods vehicle operator's license requirements.
• Ensure servicing is completed in line with schedule and that all defects are rectified promptly and documented accordingly.
This list is not exhaustive and additional tasks may be required from time to time which are commensurate with the role.
• Experience of Transport & Logistics management including managing a multi-truck fleet.
• Proven track record of planning and forecasting.
• Experience of managing KPIs and cost controls.
• Financial and commercial awareness.
• Customer focused and results oriented.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels.
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment.
• IT literate.
• Demonstrated routing experience is required
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business