Operations Manager role based in Oldham. Working for a leading bespoke manufacturing company.
Our client is a leading bespoke manufacturing company who is part of a larger global organisation. They are currently experiencing extensive growth in the UK and abroad.
- To manage, lead and motivate the operations department and ensure that all employees are covered by Intellectual Capital initiatives in accordance with Corporate and local policy, including development and training plans, and performance management processes.
- To lead and work with the Process Owners, Process Engineers and Team Leaders to ensure that set standards are adhered to at all times- safety and quality
- To drive the business to deliver or exceed plan levels of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Lead Time and ITR in a cost-effective way that maximizes Operating Profit and EVA whilst ensuring that customer needs are met or exceeded.
- To ensure that the company planning and buying processes identify customer requirements (takt time) and deliver appropriately resourced daily/weekly/monthly/annual production plans and targets which ensure that the Stream meets or exceeds those customer requirements at all times.
- Act as a Champion of the business - introduction of standard work, 5S, TPM, continuous improvement. Lean initiatives etc
- To ensure that the company performance is monitored on daily/weekly/monthly bases using performance boards, and that daily/weekly performance from the cell boards is taken into pareto stratification and root cause analysis with problem resolution in appropriate timescales.
- Drive change across functional and departmental boundaries as needed to ensure that the organization and value stream respond effectively to the 'Voice of the Customer' and satisfy customer requirements.
- A track record and proven industrial/manufacturing/engineering experience in an operations role.
- Excellent team builder and people motivator
- A Degree or equivalent in engineering or a technical subject. An MBA is a distinct advantage
- Self-starter, positive attitude, resilience, focused, good time management skills.
- High Digital Quotient, including a good knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, MS project, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience of lean manufacturing
£55,000 to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits