As a graduate consultant on our prestigious 3-year programme you will help to support and deliver the technical aspects of a variety of multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally. We operate across a range of markets including Cities & Development, Energy, Environment & Geoscience, Transportation and Water.
As transport infrastructure experience's unprecedented investment, join us in Business Development and help us to shape the future of transport. Building an integrated and sustainable transport network fit for the 21st century is what we do. We connect people and places to drive economic growth and to enrich lives. Our people know that what we do in a day can have benefits that last for generations. From smart motorways, city metros, high-speed rail and driverless cars, we shape the future of transport infrastructure around the globe and keep the world moving forward.
Bright sparks. Ingenious solutions. We're one of the most respected consultancies in the world. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you're in great company.Where could I work?
As a recent graduate you could find yourself in one of the following locations;
Locations: Birmingham, Warrington
Degree requirements: 2.1 bachelors or 2.2 Master's degree in a business or marketing-related qualification. An interest in (though not a technical understanding of) transportation issues would be advantageous.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive individual to support our Business Development Win Work Team within the Transportation division - key tasks will include the management, organisation and maintenance of bid collateral, assisting in the preparation of tender submissions in response to business opportunities and developing bidding best practice material.
The role will involve working across the Win Work Team in multiple offices, however you will have a direct line report to a Warrington or Birmingham based Bid Manager.You'll be
What are we looking for?
- Assisting Bid Managers in preparing submissions, working with resources from across the business as appropriate
- Assisting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the pipeline in order to track longer-term business opportunities in key client and market sectors so that team can respond accordingly
- Preparing research and client intelligence documents in advance of tender opportunities being released to brief the bid team
- Contributing to the 'smarter bidding' drive and bidding best practice initiatives to improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, system compliance and success of all bid submissions
- Co-ordinating, maintain and updating a portfolio of current bidding material stored on a MS SharePoint site
How do I apply?
- Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunity employer, we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.