Do you want to help boost the public's confidence in the police complaints system?
Investigator Role Investigators within the IOPC can expect to work in a progressive and dynamic organisation with declared and strong core values. The work will be fulfilling and offer considerable opportunities for personal growth, challenge and satisfaction.
You will work in a varied role conducting investigations where witness statements need to be obtained, interviews for both witnesses and suspects delivered and casework is prepared whilst making recommendations for criminal and disciplinary action. This is a challenging but rewarding role and an opportunity not to miss!
What you will need
•A good general education or equivalent, or demonstrated through structured workplace development
•Proven experience of conducting investigations in the public or private sectors, including recent experience (i.e. within past 12 months) of carrying out investigative interviews, evidence gathering, analysis and presentation and contributing to planning and scoping investigations
• The skills and experience required to provide colleagues with constructive criticism.
• Full driving license valid for driving in the UK.
• Experience of making appropriate decisions based on analysis of existing and emerging information.
• Engaging effectively with people or groups from different backgrounds, adapting communication style as appropriate.
What we offer
• 27.5 days paid annual leave (• Civil Service pension
• Access to the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC) membership
• Staff networks focused on each of the protected characteristics - run for staff, by staff
• Flexible working options
About the IOPC
As a totally independent body, not part of the police or government, we oversee the police complaints system in England and Wales. As well as setting the standards the police should apply when handling complaints, we investigate and make decisions on some of the UK's most sensitive cases, including where police action may have led to death or serious injury.